Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The least bad at business

I am back at it. The Flamingo Dairy campaign was successful. We made a really cool disc and everybody who pitched in got one in the mail.

Success or not, however, these things never really go as planned. Gibbons was going to go on a little improvised motorcycle tour to support the record, but then he busted his shoulder and had to quit his post office job. Now he mostly lives in Bakersfield again. I still managed to ship a bunch of discs to college radio, but between Gibbons' accident and general laziness I failed to find the motivation to do follow-up calls to see if anybody liked it. Every other time I've done a radio campaign I've gotten some airplay out of it, so I'm just going to assume this one worked, too.

Now that I think about it, this sad laziness might not be the best explanation. I think I just don't buy my own bullshit anymore about the efficacy of this type of campaign.

I'm excited again, though, because I figured out how music blogs work. (Kinda.) I'm checking out lots of wonderful blogs and building a list of people that might like to hear about Miedlena. I've still got some stuff to figure out, but its nice to feel motivated again. Now I just need to find a few more hours in the day. 

Finally, just for the heck of it, this is also a music blog now. Because look, down there, I posted some music. I don't know anything about this track. I just know I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment