Sunday, September 6, 2015

Thick, thick track

The reason I am making this post is because I stumbled upon this track, and I just had the urge to share it. The word that popped into my head was "THICK". This track is thick. I've only listened to it once, but its thickness is undeniable. I don't know what he was rapping about. I tend not to key into lyrics when I am listening to music. Whatever the actual content of the lyrics, the subtext was clear. "This is the thickest shit you have heard in a long time."



And I guess while I'm here, I might as well talk about my life for a moment. Circus of Books played a show last night in China Town. It was nice. We played early for once and after that I went to a barbq and then went to a show where people dress silly and it feels like you're in New York or something. There was a band called Trap Girl that I loved for 3 or 4 songs until my ears got tired. I ran into 3 out of 4 members after their set and gave them all sincere compliments.

Then, today, this afternoon, I played a solo set at Lot 1 and it was wonderful. I had hangover voice, which for me is a good thing. The low notes are lower, and there is a sparkly clear edge to everything. I played mostly covers, because I think more people should play covers and I try to walk the talk. Gibbons joined me to close the set and we did a couple of Russians With Rabbits songs. Except, where Russians With Rabbits is usually an offensively loud two-piece, for this we played acoustic guitars without mics and sang in two-part harmony. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.

The reason was able to find and share the above track is because I am currently multi-tasking.

1) I am editing the miedlena website and adding an artist page for myself.

2) I am browsing music blogs

3) I am researching digital distribution

After the show this afternoon I lied and said I would go to the birthday party. Instead I did some squats, watched part of Annie Hall, and did this. Sorry, friends.

*EDIT*

I checked out the whole record from Dave Dub and the Destructions. The thickness begins at track 8, and slowly increases until the ultimate thickness, the above-mentioned "Lard". Here be 8 through 10.








1 comment: