Wednesday, October 5, 2016

October Newsletter

Hi there,

It's Mateo.

First order of business: On October 15, just about every Miedlena artist is going to play a show at this neat little bar in the California desert called the Palms. It wasn't my idea, but I'm going along with it because it seems like a lot of fun.

That is pretty much all the shows I have on my calendar right now. Manhattan Murder Mystery is doing some weird thing on a bus in Hollywood this weekend, but I don't know if we're allowed to invite people to that. Gibbons has some shows in Bakersfield coming up, I think, but he is asleep in his van and I don't want to wake him. Oh but that reminds me, his solo tour went really well. He played a bunch of good shows, and got on the radio, and his van didn't break down, and he didn't end up in the hospital or anything so I'm pretty happy about that. We're going to start recording some of his new songs soon.

Speaking of recording, I just released another old album from Mr. Strauss, aka Host Eric, aka Talking With Famous People. It is slightly more accessible than his previous release, though still weird. I love it, personally. Also, I made the cover art and I'm really proud of it. Go buy it on bandcamp for zero dollars, or a hundred dollars. Or something in between. All the proceeds go to eating and putting out more records. (You can also find it through other major online distributors, but I like bandcamp the best.)

Ok, that's it. Thanks for reading.

Mateo.

No comments:

Post a Comment